BENEFITING: MENTAL HEALTH FOUNDATION OF WEST MICHIGAN
ORGANIZER: MENTAL HEALTH FOUNDATION OF WEST MICHIGAN
MENTAL HEALTH FOUNDATION OF WEST MICHIGAN wrote -
1 in 5 people (adults and adolescents) will suffer from a mental illness at some point during their lives.
Suicide is the second leading cause of death among high school and college age students.
Mental health education matters!
Please support our fundraiser to deliver increased mental health education, bully and suicide prevention presentations to our schools, communities and businesses in West Michigan and beyond.
Your donations will help deliver mental health education to more schools and increase awareness surrounding mental illness.
Our education programs:
- be nice.
- K-12, College, Community Groups, Businesses
- Teaches action plan: Notice, Invite, Challenge, Empower
- Self-starting kit and curriculum
- Creates a positive, cultural change through simple daily actions
- Mental health education, bully and suicide prevention
- Live Laugh Love
- Middle and High School
- Taught by Mental Health Foundation professional instructors
- Focuses on signs and symptoms of depression and other mental illnesses
- Multi-media education program taught in classroom setting
- Mental Health First Aid
- "CPR for the brain"
- Education for adults
- 8-hour certification training course
- Teaches 5-step action plan on how to help someone during mental health crisis
Together, we can decrease stigma, increase awareness, and save lives!
Thank you, and remember to be nice. (Notice, Invite, Challenge, Empower)