My name is Jessica Walradt and I currently serve as the Association for American Medical College’s Lead for Value-Based Care Models. In my free time, I have volunteered for Streetwise Partners as both a mentor and Program Officer.
I joined Streetwise because I was looking for an opportunity to use my experience and knowledge to help others. While revising resumes and coaching trainees through interview prep as a mentor and officer was rewarding, one of the best aspects of my experience was being part of the SWP community. SWP officers and mentors are conscientious, caring and intelligent individuals, and really enhanced my volunteer experience. In addition, over time, the trainees form close relationships and act as important sources of support for one another - during the program and beyond.
Another amazing aspect of the SWP is the chance to watch the trainees grow so much over the course of 13 weeks. While crafting a resume and conducting an informational interview are important skills, the most important lesson SWP teaches trainees is confidence. Mentors regularly watch an individual go from barely whispering and looking down while speaking during the first class, to commanding the attention of a room during their final presentation.
SWP can change lives in just 13 weeks. I hope you will consider donating to this great organization!
- Champion a trainee from unemployment to a career
- Train and empower a mentor to educate, coach and empower a trainee for one year
- Exclusive speed networking event
- Ticket to Career Day
- Access to special events with corporate partners
- 4 mock interviews for each trainee
- 3 informational interviews for each trainee
- Personalized business cards
- Strength finder assessment
- Supplies (i.e. USB drives, notebooks, curriculum packets, etc.)
- Emergency travel (for our trainees who struggle to get to and from the program)