My name is Maera Andres. My manager and I wanted to fulfill a community presence of changing lives both inside and outside of work. We had a mission statement through our company, but how were we going to accomplish it? That’s when we became involved with StreetWise Partners.
My trainee, Lindsay was extremely shy when we first met. Throughout the cycle, we practiced numerous communication skills such as delivering an elevator pitch, and practicing interview questions. On the last day of presentations, I witnessed Lindsay’s transformation. She was comfortable and confident in her skin, and she showcased her sense of humor. Lindsay captured us in telling her journey and what she learned through StreetWise. She received a standing ovation! I wrote Lindsay a recommendation for her scholarship to pursue an Associates’ Degree and she was awarded a scholarship to UDC.
I have continued volunteering with StreetWise through the Junior Board Program because of the impact it has created within the community. I am truly thankful my company, Keepers, has also continued the momentum of dedicating their time in volunteering and donating resources to the trainees as well.
Connecting people with different backgrounds to develop strengths is a vital asset to your community. I strongly encourage your support in making a donation to this organization to help change lives. --Maera
- Champion a trainee from unemployment to a career
- Train and empower a mentor to educate, coach and empower a trainee for one year
- Exclusive speed networking event
- Ticket to Career Day
- Access to special events with corporate partners
- 4 mock interviews for each trainee
- 3 informational interviews for each trainee
- Personalized business cards
- Strength finder assessment
- Supplies (i.e. USB drives, notebooks, curriculum packets, etc.)
- Emergency travel (for our trainees who struggle to get to and from the program)