My name is Matthew Teehan and I am an Associate Placement Specialist in Marsh's Qualified Solutions Group (QSG). I have volunteered with Streetwise Partners (SWP) for almost 3 years, starting as a mentor with the Career Ventures program in March 2014 and since January 2015, as an officer – leading weekly presentations and providing support to mentors and trainees. The more time I spend with SWP, the more impressed I am and the more invested I feel in the organization and its mission. The staff is so dedicated and hardworking that they motivate everyone around them. The program is always full of mentees ready to take advantage of the opportunities presented, both personal and professional.
Mentorship is an important skill that not only helps trainees, but it also teaches a mentors a lot. You can be a boss but not a leader. It has helped me through all of the perils and pitfalls of finding and maintaining a career myself. SWP allows you meet other service-minded young professionals, ready to donate time and effort to help other people. It also gave me an opportunity to practice my public speaking, and continually improve my networking skills, professional etiquette, and goals.
This mission is really close to my heart and today I ask you to support this important work that helps the underserved communities build confidence for life and attain a job. Please support this mission by making a donation today.
- Champion a trainee from unemployment to a career
- Train and empower a mentor to educate, coach and empower a trainee for one year
- Exclusive speed networking event
- Ticket to Career Day
- Access to special events with corporate partners
- 4 mock interviews for each trainee
- 3 informational interviews for each trainee
- Personalized business cards
- Strength finder assessment
- Supplies (i.e. USB drives, notebooks, curriculum packets, etc.)
- Emergency travel (for our trainees who struggle to get to and from the program)