My name is Matt Mariner and I’m a management consultant with PwC. I’ve been involved with StreetWise Partners in Washington, DC since 2012. I was referred to StreetWise by a friend and found its mission to improve the lives of disadvantaged, low-income individuals by helping them realize their career potential to be a unique way of giving back to the community.
I was looking for an opportunity to utilize the experiences and skills I had developed in the professional world and StreetWise Partners afforded me that opportunity. I always enjoyed participating in events that added value to the community, such as helping build a house or feeding the hungry, but I didn’t feel that I was maximizing my impact. With StreetWise, I was able to provide the professional insights and knowledge I have with those who are trying to better themselves and navigate the professional world.
Many of the participants in the StreetWise Partners Career Ventures programs are capable and driven individuals, but just need help in sharpening their skills and understanding how to apply them. Many have had success in other fields or have had successful careers in other countries. The gratification you receive as a mentor when a participant in the program begins to realize their goals, becomes confident that they can achieve them, and begins to pursue them is indescribable. StreetWise Partners offers this unique guidance to those who deserve the opportunity and is bettering the community from within.
Please consider donating to StreetWise Partners to help sustain our Career Ventures programs. Your donations will help individuals receive the professional mentorship described above, gain confidence in their professional ability, and realize their professional potential in the job marketplace.
- Champion a trainee from unemployment to a career
- Train and empower a mentor to educate, coach and empower a trainee for one year
- Exclusive speed networking event
- Ticket to Career Day
- Access to special events with corporate partners
- 4 mock interviews for each trainee
- 3 informational interviews for each trainee
- Personalized business cards
- Strength finder assessment
- Supplies (i.e. USB drives, notebooks, curriculum packets, etc.)
- Emergency travel (for our trainees who struggle to get to and from the program)