Any one who knows me, knows that I value education as the most precious of gifts. Many of us, including myself, have been extremely fortunate to have access to an excellent education, and just as importantly, consistent and thoughtful mentorship.
Not all are so lucky. StreetWise Partners transforms the lives of disadvantaged, low-income individuals by helping them realize their career potential. For example, their signature program, Career Ventures, serves low income individuals who are ready to overcome barriers to employment and transform their lives. The unique 3-month career mentoring program delivers high-impact professional development services with 2:1 career mentoring in corporate settings. I began volunteering with StreetWise in 2015, and their effective way of achieving their mission has quickly grown close to my heart.
So, in the spirit of the holiday season, please donate to StreetWise!
- Champion a trainee from unemployment to a career
- Train and empower a mentor to educate, coach and empower a trainee for one year
- Exclusive speed networking event
- Ticket to Career Day
- Access to special events with corporate partners
- 4 mock interviews for each trainee
- 3 informational interviews for each trainee
- Personalized business cards
- Strength finder assessment
- Supplies (i.e. USB drives, notebooks, curriculum packets, etc.)
- Emergency travel (for our trainees who struggle to get to and from the program)