My name is Sumit David. For the past 12 years I have produced reality TV shows and worked my way up to Vice President of a production company. I attribute all of my successes to two things:
1. hard work, and
I joined Streetwise to pay it forward by guiding hard-working individuals to accomplish bigger and better things through the gift of mentorship. I participated in only one cycle, but was able to help about a dozen young adults create a career plan, build a resume, and taught them how to network. The ambition of the individuals in the program is immeasurable. One trainee, who needed help trying to find her career, interviewed more than 20 professionals for about an hour each to find the right path for her. The trainees felt accomplished and so did I. Mentorship is a two-way path—both parties learn something about themselves.
I have mentored at other organizations, but Streetwise was the only one where I could see rapid growth in trainees. Their program is structured in a way that matches mentors to trainees, and gives relevant insight to the ever-changing landscape of the job market. Today I ask you to donate to this cause not only because it’s close to my heart, but also because it produces results and the best group of eager professionals.
With your donations, StreetWise Partners is able to help change lives by providing personalized mentorship. Scroll down for available sponsorship packages. Thank you.
- Champion a trainee from unemployment to a career
- Train and empower a mentor to educate, coach and empower a trainee for one year
- Exclusive speed networking event
- Ticket to Career Day
- Access to special events with corporate partners
- 4 mock interviews for each trainee
- 3 informational interviews for each trainee
- Personalized business cards
- Strength finder assessment
- Supplies (i.e. USB drives, notebooks, curriculum packets, etc.)
- Emergency travel (for our trainees who struggle to get to and from the program)