BENEFITING: FosterAdopt Connect
ORGANIZER: ORPHAN JUSTICE CENTER
EVENT: KC Heart 4 Orphans 5K
EVENT DATE: May 04, 2013
ORPHAN JUSTICE CENTER wrote -
MFCAA is the premier children and family charitable solution in the Midwest dedicated to support and advocacy for abused and neglected children and the families caring for them. MFCAA specializes in solving problems for kids and families involved in and affected by the child welfare system in a variety of ways. We are committed to assuring that all children have the opportunity to grow up successful, healthy and happy, despite childhood histories of abuse or neglect. Focused on building long-term relationships founded in experience, expertise and personal service, MFCAA delivers evidence based solutions, dedicated customer service and personal concern through integrity and transparency. Dedicated to sound fiscal operations, client privacy, and ethical, honest partnership, MFCAA strives to exceed expectations for its employees, clients, donors, and its community, while providing a positive voice for foster and adoptive families in the broader community.
We believe that the best way abused and neglected children begin to heal from the trauma they’ve suffered is within the homes of caring, skilled and committed foster, kinship and adoptive families.
To support this belief we offer:
- Recruitment and licensing of foster, kinship and adoptive parents
- Training and education to help foster, kinship and adoptive parents to meet the very special needs of the children in their care,
- Tools and support to help parents provide safe, healthy, nurturing homes,
- Individual mentoring and advocacy to foster, kinship and adoptive parents working to meet children’s mental health, behavioral, physical and educational needs,
- An Extreme Recruitment program, finding committed kin for older youth most at risk of negative long term outcomes,
- A Family Connections Intake and Assessment Shelter, providing early and intensive intervention to the birth families of children coming into the foster care system for the first time, designed to streamline the process and return children home safely within sixty days,
- Mentoring for foster youth, to encourage successful transitions to post secondary education and employment.
- Support in the form of a food pantry, clothing closet, holiday programs, back to school programs,
- Community support through family friendly events and respite opportunities.