Founded in 2005, Pitch In For Baseball believes that baseball is an effective tool for youth development. Not only does baseball give kids a chance to be a kid and play, but it also helps to create healthy communities, break down barriers, and instill valuable life lessons. PIFB aims to reduce barriers to play and bring communities together by collecting and redistributing much needed baseball/softball equipment to groups serving under-resourced children.
Since 2005, PIFB has donated more than $4 million in equipment to help 500,000 kids play ball in every state and 90 countries worldwide. We fund 100% of equipment grant requests we receive from eligible applicants. Sometimes our inventory doesn’t match what is requested, so we purchase equipment at deeply discounted rates to help fill in the gaps. Funds you raise help to keep our overhead costs low and enable us to meet the ever increasing needs of our equipment grantees.
We are fortunate to have a broad network of supporters who fundraise on our behalf.
Here are some ideas for conducting a successful fundraiser:
- Set up a fundraising page. Email or share your page with friends and family.
- Ask local businesses to donate money and/or gift cards or merchandise that can be used for raffles.
- Hold a wiffle ball tournament.
- Ask for donations in lieu of gifts (birthday parties, weddings, etc.).
- Find a local restaurant to host a PIFB event and let you have a table that day/night.