It is HERE! THANK YOU!
April 16, 2017
BENEFITING: THE MICHAEL LISNOW RESPITE CENTER
ORGANIZER: THE MICHAEL LISNOW RESPITE CENTER
EVENT: 2017 Boston Marathon
EVENT DATE: Apr 17, 2017
Great deeds can indeed be measured in small steps. I have calculated that it will take me nearly 943,420 steps to train for and another 56,330 steps to complete the Boston Marathon. This is nearly 1 million steps to be spread out over 439 miles of training or the equivalent of running from Washington DC to Hopkinton MA, just to be physically and mentally ready for the best and probably most difficult 26.2 miles of my running life. While hard, I know I can do it with your help. Each and every (...very slow..) step brings me closer to achieving a lifelong goal of completing a marathon while helping to connect our community, one donation at a time, to a wonderfully inspiring place with an amazing cause, the Michael Lisnow Respite Center.
The Respite Center is a place that provides services for children and adults with disabilities. They have several programs which include an Adult Day Program, Weekend Respite, After School Care, Day Care (birth - 3yrs), Employment Support for Individuals with Disabilities and Residential Placements. As we begin 2017 and our 18th Boston Marathon season, our goal is to continue to increase respite and support services for families trying to survive the challenges of raising a child with disabilities. Last year the Respite Center raised just over $600,000 with a team of 72 runners. These funds made it possible to grant scholarships and also provide over 40,000 hours of service to families in need.
Here is what your donation can provide:
- $35 pays for one day in the after school care program (4-21)
- $60 pays for a Friday or Saturday night out for 6 individuals
- $100 pays for one day in our Daycare Center for physical, occupational and developmental disabilities (birth - 4 years)
- $125 pays for one weekend overnight of respite care (gives families one weekend night off)
- $250 pays for one full weekend of respite care (gives families an entire weekend off)
- $500 pays for one week of an individual to participate in our summer program (5 full days)
- $1000 pays for one week of card for an individual to provide families an opportunity for vacation - 5 days, 5 overnights)
- $3000 pays for one individual to stay for one weekend per month for a year
- $5200 pays for one day of care for an individual once a week for a year
I am honored to run for such a wonderful cause. Let’s do this together and raise at least $10,000 for the many families in need, one small step at a time.
With the warmest regards,