The Michigan Opera Theatre is a nonprofit cultural intuition.
The mission of the Michigan Opera Theatre is to be one of the outstanding opera companies in the United State serving as a major cultural resource. To achieve this mission, Michigan Opera Theatre will:
- Present a broad repertoire of opera and dance of the highest caliber.
- Make its work accessible to all segments of the population.
- Provide opportunities for emerging local, national and international talent, including opportunities for performers, creators, technicians and administrators.
- Remain firmly committed to the production and presentation of American works, and the creation of new works.
- Assure the permanence of the institution by developing financial stability through broad-based support.