BENEFITING: HORN CREEK CONFERENCE GROUNDS
Horn Creek Today - Cultivating Generations for Christ
The ministry of Horn Creek is fueled by a passion to see men, women, boys and girls pointed to Jesus so that they might glorify Him and discover His best for their lives and the lives of their families and communities. Horn Creek promotes a Christian way of life and stresses the strengthening of the entire family.
Horn Creek is a high mountain Christian camp and conference grounds that intentionally stewards the glory and majesty of God's creation to create an environment for life change through community, teaching, and encouragement.
Horn Creek, a 501(c)3 non-profit, committed evangelical, inter-denominational, Christian organization located in Westcliffe, Colorado.
Special Emphasis Programs -
Over the years Horn Creek has developed unique focused relationships with various collaborating groups to provide a 'special emphasis' family camp experience for military families consists of both weekend getaways and Family Camp. During Family Camp, Horn Creek is committed to bringing hope to families, men and women, boys and girls, in the name of Christ. It is a place of rest and a place of challenge. We have a unique environment at Horn Creek that gives us an opportunity, by God's grace, to serve guest and gently point them to Him.
Horn Creek seeks your interest and support in our Military & Family Camps and Military Family Weekend Retreats.
Proposal for Scholarship Funds to Assist Military Families
Military Family Camps and Weekend Retreats
For several years we have facilitated family weekend retreats and family camp weeks for military families preparing for or returning from deployments. The weekend retreat is a 3-day, 2-night package to enjoy Horn Creek lodging, dining, and to have access to all of our amenities. In addition to our weekend program we also provide a focused Family Camp week for military families. This is a 7-day, 6 night complete family program which includes lodging, dining, and access to all of our amenities.
We have had a total of 4,310 camper nights since we began our relationship with the Colorado Springs military bases. In our discussions with various Chaplains (at the 4 bases), they indicated a tremendous need for ministry and camp retreats for servicemen and families. They literally have families on waiting lists to send to send for a retreat or family camp. However since 2009 the Chaplain Service Funding for supporting such opportunities has greatly decreased. More of the burden is placed on the military family to cover the expense of attending enriching and family growth ministries.
We continue to welcome and support the following military bases, with discounted pricing options.
- Fort Carson Army Post - Families/Couples, Contracted for 100 attendees first weekend May 2015. Chaplain Bell indicates many families are struggling and are waiting for funding to attend a retreat or family camp.
- US Air Force Academy – for twenty years the Cadets through the Catholic Chaplain Service have been attending a Fall Weekend Retreat and this past year both Catholic and Protestant Cadets – 300 in all attended this Fall 2014, and expect to contract with USAFA for Fall 2015.
- Peterson Air Force Base - Families.
- Schriever Air Force Base - Families.
Scholarship structure for the focused Military Family Camp and Retreats are:
- Spring (May 2015) Military Family weekend retreat - 100 campers - 2 night, 3 day @ 65 per camper = $6,500
- 3 Fall 2015 Weekend Retreats each with about 75 - 90 campers @ $65 per camper, $6,150 per weekend retreat = $18,500
Military Family Camp - opportunity for 5 - 8 families in 5 scheduled family camps this summer = 25 - 30 families @ about $2k per family. $50,000
(Also opportunity for Thanksgiving Camp and Christmas Camp - both shorter times.)
Military Family Retreat and Family Camp Program: $75,000