Katy Levinson wrote -
We'll be consistently interrupted from playing games on livestream to benefit the EFF (Electronic Frontier Foundation: think ACLU for digital civil liberties). Donors add challenges by donating. There are two options: the hat and events.
Here is how the hat works:
- For $20 ($10 if you donate before the fundraiser starts) you can make us draw a challenge from the hat.
- For $30 ($15 if you donate before the fundraiser starts) you can bypass chance and decide what challenge we draw from the hat.
Here is a sample list of challeges in the hat:
- Player plays blindfolded and takes directions from somebody else
- Player plays only with DDR pads
- Reverse the joystick y axis (or other configurable option) from the player's preference
- Player is only permitted to use the melee combat options (in an FPS or RPG game.)
- Player has to play sitting upside down on the couch
- Two players must cooperate to use one controller
- Players have to balance objects on their heads, and if they drop an item must die once in the game.
We also have events. Events work similarly like things in the hat, but because they are disruptive and we need to do setup, we ask for higher donations.
- You can have an event drawn at random for $75 ($37.50 if you donate before the event starts)
- You can select what event is drawn for $120 ($60 if you donate before the event starts)
Here are some sample events:
- Playing GTA as a model citizen (please include unique personalized compliments to each NPC you meet)
- Playing Dora (the Explorer) Saves the Crystal Kingdom
- A dramatic reading of a half hour TV show (somehow this winds up being My Little Pony a lot). Donor can request voices for characters.
- "Keep talking and nobody gets a pie in the face"
If you request something before the stream begins, please tell us when you'd prefer it on air so we can do our best to line it up with when you'll be watching.
Challenges can be added to the hat or events, please check that your suggested addition will be accepted by contacting an event host (Katy or Mike) or in the stream chat. It does not matter what player you donate through, we're just trying to make a nice big pile o' money for the EFF.
Here are the games we are playing this year (AV malfunctions permitting):
- Dark Souls
- Maniac Mansion (and other classic adventure games)
- Super Mario Bros 3
- Left 4 Pokemon 2 (a group of mods for Left 4 Dead 2 where all the zombies are Pokemon)
- SSBM Tiers E&F only, no mains, on Pokefloats (etc)
- Various absurd visual novels (with voices)
- Hatoful Boyfriend
- The Sempai (Seinfield).
- Zelda, Breath of the Wild, no clothes for character (players wear clothes, but can put shoe on head if you insist)