Order Shirts by April 6th!
March 31, 2016
Join Team RWB, Team Rubicon, The Mission Continues, and the Wounded Warrior Project for a 5k Walk/Run to the Minnesota State Captiol to visit the Veteran and War Memorials. After the walk/run, we will complete a service project at Saint Paul City Primary School. In the evening, members, family, friends, and supporters of Team RWB, Team Rubicon, The Mission Continues, and the Wounded Warrior Project will gather for a social.
Location: Saint Paul City Primary School, 260 Edmund Ave W, St Paul, MN 55103
5k Start Time: 9:00AM
Service Project Start Time: 10:30 AM
This school has a storage problem that continuously gets them into trouble with the fire marshal. We have been asked to help create a solution. We are going to divide into four teams, three working on storage solutions.
- We will be building a prefab, resin storage shed behind the building to help with furniture and large box storage.
- We will have a team installing a single shelf over the coat hooks in each of the classroom coat closets.
- Another team will be installing hanging cabinets in the hallway, these will be closed storage.
- Finally, we will be completing a mural that we started during our last project.
Social: 6pm-9pm, Cadillac Ranch (Private Room), Mall of America
All proceeds from Run As One are equally distributed between Team RWB, Team Rubicon, and The Mission Continues to fund Veteran Programs.
RUN AS ONE 2016
In honor of Marine veteran Clay Hunt, an original member of Team Rubicon who took his own life after battling PTS and depression, Team Rubicon, Team Red White and Blue, and The Mission Continues will partner to host the 5th annual Run as One on April 16th. The event will as serve a celebration of the networks required to empower, unite and enrich the lives of Veterans. It will also be a symbol of leadership, action, and collaboration across the veteran support landscape within our local communities.
Our Goals: Unite with a Common Purpose
- Build strong, united communities around America’s veterans.
- Demonstrate leadership by driving collaboration and a proactive approach to veterans’ services.
- Raise awareness of the challenges facing and positive solutions for our nation’s veterans.
About the Event Hosts:
Team Rubicon unites the skills and experiences of military veterans with first responders to rapidly deploy emergency response teams. For more information visit TeamRubiconUSA.org
Team Red, White and Blue's mission is to enrich the lives of America’s veterans by connecting them to their community through physical and social activity. For more information visit TeamRWB.org
The Mission Continues empowers veterans who are adjusting to life after the military to find purpose through civic action. We deploy veterans on new missions in their communities, so that their legacy will be one of leadership and service. For more information visit MissionContinues.org