Harlan Trevithick wrote -
A dollar a meter - You give, we row, and DC kids succeed.
On Oct. 18, I'll be racing for Cornell's Alumnae boat at the Head of the Charles Regatta. For every meter we row, I'm hoping $1 goes to Capital Juniors.
That's where you come in! Every dollar you give goes to supporting our free after-school rowing and academic program for under-served youth in the District of Columbia and surrounding areas.
- Because you believe that kids, regardless of income and level of physical ability, should reap the benefits of rowing: fitness, discipline, camaraderie, and an appreciation for the water.
- Because over 80% of kids in Anacostia live in poverty, almost 90% live with a single mother, and on average they score 40-50 percentage points lower than kids from affluent neighborhoods on reading and math standardized tests.
- Because you know the power of making friends, feeling confident, and having positive adult role models in your life.
- Because you believe in me as the program's first full-time director.
- Because if you donate, I'll send you a video of the race from the GO PRO that will be mounted on my head or on the boat during the race.
Does your money go directly to the kids? YES.
Capital Rowing Club has existed for over 25 years so we have the basic start up costs covered. Our goals are focused on delivering high quality programming to the kids who need it.
- Start Sequence: sponsor a rower for a week: $25
- High Ten: contribute SAT prep books to our upperclassmen or pay for a tutoring session: $50
- Walk On 'Em: sponsor a rower for a month: $100
- Pull Away: sponsor a rower for a season: $250
- Open Water: sponsor a rower for a year (fall, winter, spring): $500
- Bronze Medal: help us buy life jackets, stroke coaches, megaphones, and laptops for academics: $1,000
- Silver Medal: help us buy a van to get kids safely to practice: $2,000
- Gold Medal: help us start a college scholarship fund: $3,000
The Fun Stuff:
Whoever donates more than $100 will get a personalized note from one of our athletes in the mail.
Whoever donates more than $500 will get some Capital Rowing Club swag.
Whoever donates more than $1,000 will get a gift I personally pick out for them at the 50th anniversary Head of the Charles gear and receive Capital Rowing Club gear.
Everyone, regardless of donation amount, will get a heartfelt thank you from me.
Let's cheer on the BIG RED, white AND blue!