DID YOU KNOW:
- 1 in 4 women experience domestic violence in her lifetime.
- Domestic violence is the leading cause of injury to women – more than car accidents, muggings, and rapes combined.
- Every 9 seconds in the US a woman is assaulted or beaten.
- The number one reason for a woman to remain in or return to an abusive relationship is financial dependence.
- HALF of all homeless women and children in the U.S. are fleeing from domestic violence.
The MCFJC Foundation provides emergency services, legal assistance, financial literacy for teens and adults, job enhancement opportunities to increase earning potential, therapies for children exposed to domestic violence. Youth programs include collaborations with schools to provide anti-bully education, promotion of healthy relationships and financial awareness including workshops for teenagers and their parents.
The Foundation also raises funds to provide additional resources and training opportunities to first responders, and victims assistants and Family Justice Center partners.
Our goal is to ultimately break the cycle of violence for future generations.
For more information about our programs, visit our website.