Mosaic Health & Healing Arts
Organized by: Dr. Catherine Bast and Mixhi Marquis, CMT
Inspiring Donor Incentive from our friends at PAXMONDE!!!
September 08, 2016
The Mosaic is not complete without YOU!
Help us open the doors to Indiana's FIRST family medicine practice that is openly welcoming to LGBTQ people, families and friends!
Our goal . . . care focused on the whole person for ALL people!
We need your help to get started!
Your generous donation will help us pay for . . .
- exam room and medical equipment
- start up medical supplies
- office materials
- an electronic medical records system
- required liability and malpractice insurances
- cover staff salary through our startup period
- furniture for our waiting room and resource space
Background . . .
Katie Bast, MD is a full scope family physician. She is graduating from her residency program in June and is the founding Medical Director of Mosaic. Within her full scope practice, she has a particular interest and depth of experience in serving the transgender and gender nonconforming community. Mixhi (Michelle) Marquis is a certified massage therapist, energy worker, spiritual mentor and long time LGBTQ advocate. She is the founding Executive Director of Mosaic and brings her unique artistry of healing to her work with individuals, groups and organizations. Together, we are honored and humbled to be the visionaries of Mosaic. We are deeply moved by the work we do and inspired by the people we serve.
Our office is located on the campus of Oaklawn, a regional mental health facility, in Goshen, Indiana. We have recently incorporated as a nonprofit corporation and are in the early stages of working toward our charitable status. With your help, we will be opening our doors in July 2016!
So here's the big picture . . .
Our Vision . . . We envision a healthy Michiana and beyond through inclusive, wholeness-focused allopathic and integrative health care for the individual as well as the community.
Our Mission . . . We are committed to being a leader in, and a model for, inclusive and whole person care. Our team and network provides comprehensive, compassionate and affordable full scope family medicine and integrative care for those with and without limitations to care, those seeking traditional primary care, and those who desire an integrative approach to care. We are dedicated to creating educational opportunities that empower our patients, bring healing and understanding to our community, and professional development to the medical, mental and healing arts students and practitioners.
What we value . . .
- Every human being as whole and valuable to humanity
- Space that is comforting, welcoming and safe
- Wellness incorporates the health of body, mind and spirit
- Patients having access to healthcare regardless of limitations
- Creativity in individual, community and business development
- Collaboration with our patients, partners and community
- Advocacy for the wellbeing of our patients
We welcome . . . People of all backgrounds, relationship status, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, sex, disability, ancestry, religion, and national origin. Mosaic is the first openly inclusive and welcoming medical facility to the LGBTQ community in Indiana.
Mosaic provides the following services . . .
- Primary care family medicine for all ages
- Chronic disease management
- OB care
- STI testing and treatment
- Full spectrum well gynecological care
- Hormone replacement therapy for transgender individuals
- Fertility counseling and assistance for gay/lesbian couples
- Alternative modalities including massage, energy work, spiritual care
- LGBTQ educational resources through programming, literature and events
- LGBTQ awareness training for medical, business and community organizations
- Internships for students in medical, social work and other related majors
- Educational programming on healing arts modalities
- Resources to assist people in getting past limitations to integrative care
Expected services available through our network of inclusive providers . . .
- Mental health services
- Naturopathic care
- Spiritual care
- Energy / body work