Mosaic Project wrote -
The Mosaic Project, a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization, works toward a peaceful future by uniting children of diverse backgrounds, providing them with essential community building skills, and empowering them to become peacemakers.
Our main program is our unique Outdoor School, which brings together 4th and 5th grade classes from schools that differ markedly in socioeconomic, racial, and ethnic make-up.
Together, we create microcosms of the just, diverse, inclusive world we envision, demonstrate that peace is possible, and inspire action.
With your help, you can:
· $10 – provide classroom materials
· $25 – receive a CD from the children of the Mosaic Project:
· $50 – support one youth leader for one month at the Youth Leadership Project
· $250 – sponsor one child for a week-long session at the Outdoor School
· $1,000 – sponsor entire class from a low-income school for one day at the Outdoor School
Testimonials from the children of the Mosaic Project:
Where I live there are guns, shootings, and killings. I thought to myself, there will never be peace on earth. But I came to Mosaic and it taught me to have peace on earth.
JulIana, age 10
I have learned firsthand that everyone has potential, so I will never give up on anyone.
SergIo, age 19, Youth leader
I didn’t really like being with people who didn’t look like me before I came to Mosaic.
Lauren, age 9