Ability Housing of Northeast Florida, Inc. via Crowdrise
August 17, 2015
BENEFITING: Ability Housing, Inc.
Imagine moving into a home, but having nothing to take with you. No toilet paper, no soap, no dishes, not even a wash cloth to clean your face. You are grateful to have a roof over your head, but such simple, small housekeeping items make a house a home.
In a few short weeks, our newest property, Village on Wiley, will begin opening units for new residents. Most of these individuals have experienced chronic homelessness and do not have even the basic items required to set up housekeeping.
You Can Help Make A House A Home
Ability Housing’s mission is to provide quality, affordable, community inclusive housing for individuals and families at risk of homelessness and adults with a disability. Our goal is to end homelessness in Northeast Florida and we are proud to share that we have a 90% success rate with our residents remaining in homes.
In an effort to make the transition easier for the new residents, we are seeking your donations to help provide a Move-In Kit for each of the 43 new units.
Each move-in kit will include:
- Bed Linens - Sheets, Pillows, Blankets
- Kitchenware - Dinnerware, Glasses, Cookware, Basic Utensils
- Bathroom Set - Towels, Shower Curtain
- Household Care & Cleaning Items - Trash Cans, Paper Towels, Soap, Supplies
- Personal Care Items - Shampoo, Soap, Toilet Paper, Toothpaste, Toothbrush
It will cost approximately $330 per unit to provide these items, and for 43 units that is $14,190.
Your generous donation can help to make the transition into housing a joyful and successful move for our new residents.
You can support our campaign in three ways:
- ) Donate ... Even $10 will help, and if you can donate more, we are grateful.
- ) Tell Your Friends ... After you make your donation you can share the campaign on Social Media.
- ) Become A Fundraiser ... You can visit the campaign page and spearhead your own fundraising efforts to support this cause.
And please remember, Ability Housing is a 501(c) (3) charitable organization. All donations are tax deductible. Thank you.