I first became interested in helping providing warmth to those who are homeless 2 years ago, and when I had to chance to help people who are homeless moving into a home, I knew I just had to help.
Ability Housing of Northeast Florida, Inc. wrote -
Imagine moving into a home, but having nothing to take with you. No toilet paper, no soap, no dishes, not even a wash cloth to clean your face. You are grateful to have a roof over your head, but such simple, small housekeeping items make a house a home.
In a few short weeks, the newest property, Village on Wiley, will begin opening units for new residents. Most of these individuals have experienced chronic homelessness and do not have even the basic items required to set up housekeeping.
Ability Housing’s mission is to provide quality, affordable, community inclusive housing for individuals and families at risk of homelessness and adults with a disability. Our goal is to end homelessness in Northeast Florida.
In an effort to make their transition easier, we want to provide each of the 43 units with a Move-In Kit, and we need your donations to accomplish this.
Each move-in kit will include:
- Bed Linens - Sheets, Pillows, Blankets
- Kitchenware - Dinnerware, Glasses, Cookware, Basic Utensils
- Bathroom Set - Towels, Shower Curtain
- Household Care & Cleaning Items - Trash Cans, Paper Towels, Soap, Supplies
- Personal Care Items - Shampoo, Soap, Toilet Paper, Toothpaste, Toothbrush
It will cost approximately $330 per unit to provide these items, and for 43 units that is $14,190.
We are proud to share that we have a better than 90% success rate with our residents, and our work continues to make a difference in ending chronic homelessness in Jacksonville.
Your donation will help us continue to be successful. You can support our campaign in three ways:
- ) Donate ... Even $10 will help, and if you can donate more, we are grateful.
- ) Tell Your Friends ... After you make your donation you can share the campaign on Social Media.
- ) Become A Fundraiser ... You can visit the campaign page and spearhead your own fundraising efforts to support this cause.
And please remember, Ability Housing is a 501(c) (3) charitable organization. All donations are tax deductible. Thank you.