So there was this family in New Jersey that had a moving company. After 90 years of moving people's homes, they became upset with the amount of "stuff" that was just being thrown away when people relocated. After awhile, they began to notice that a lot of this "stuff" was perfectly good food that could be given to a family in need rather than be thrown away. With nearly 50 million Americans searching for their next meal, they decided to take action - Move For Hunger was born.
How do we fight hunger?
Move For Hunger works with relocation companies across America to support local food banks. Our movers offer to pick up the unopened, non-perishable food items from those who are relocating and deliver it to their local food banks. Most people WANT to donate, they just don't know where or how. Our organization brings the food drive into the home at a time when people are getting ready to relocate, making the act of donating simple. Best of all, each food donation is delivered to the mover's LOCAL food bank providing thousands of life-saving meals right in your community!
In just 3 years, Move For Hunger has grown to work with over 350 relocation companies and over 200 real estate professionals in 44 states. Together, we have collected over 730,000 lbs of food for food banks across America.
We need your help!
In a country known for its wealth and prosperity, 50 million Americans struggle to find their next meal. 17 million children will go to bed hungry tonight. That's NOT OK! Because hunger is not limited to a single demographic or geographic region, Move For Hunger works year round to provide hunger relief for families across the country. It is YOUR support that helps us continue to grow.
Here's what to do:
- Donate! The more money we raise the better, but our goal is to raise the most money before November, 27 to win an additional $25,000 to put towards our efforts to end hunger.
- Share this link with family and friends, and help us win the contest!
- Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter, subscribe to our Youtube channel.
- Tell your family! Tell a friend! Tell everyone! The more people who know about us the better!
- Contact us to organize an event, and feel free to give our office a call, 732-774-0521.