EVENT DATE: Apr 28, 2018
Join us Saturday, April 28, 2018, for the fourth annual MoveIt! Awareness Walk with Parkinson Association of the Carolinas (PAC) at Symphony Park - 4400 Sharon Road, Charlotte, NC. Walk (roll...or run!) for Parkinson’s and help us raise awareness of the Disease, while also helping to support PAC. We will move it, groove it and much more!
- Kickoff Event
- Building a team - Toolkit
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Participant Toolkit
- Sponsorship Opportunities
We all wish for a cure for Parkinson’s, and there are a number of organizations that are doing great work in raising money towards research. So far, however, we don’t know what causes Parkinson’s, nor do we have a cure. Until that time, the Parkinson Association of the Carolinas (PAC) exists as a channel to North and South Carolina at the grassroots level. We provide resources to those affected in several ways:
- Assisting in the formation and encouragement of over eighty (80) support groups throughout North and South Carolina.
- Creating and distributing a monthly e-newsletter that covers topics such as disease education, current research, community resources, support group meetings and Parkinson’s community events.
- Maintaining and updating our website, with current information from the national Parkinson’s organizations as well as local events and additional resources.
- Offering a toll-free resource line, for individuals seeking information about Parkinson’s disease and details about resources in their area.
- Presenting educational symposia with for patients, their families/friends and the healthcare community throughout the Carolinas.
Your donations will help us grow and continue to provide support and resources throughout 2018!