Together We Triumph
Promises To Keep is an event dedicated to honoring the 157 soldiers who have lost their lives in Iraq and Afghanistan
The event weekend is March 16-18 and includes:
1. The Courage Festival (March 16th). A kick-off event featuring speakers:
- Brian Gruender: Ironman Triathlete running 135 miles from Kenosha to Appleton on March 17-18 to raise awareness and $10,000 for myTEAM TRIUMPH
- Roy Pirrung: Decorated Army Veteran, Ultramarathon Champion
- Clarence Hartley: Two-time cancer survivor, Korea and Vietnam War Veteran. Decorated US Air Force Lt. Col, Ret.
- For ticket information CLICK HERE
2. Promises to Keep 135. Brian Gruender will lead a non-stop 135 mile American Flag carrying relay run with active and veteran service members from Kenosha to Appleton Wisconsin.
3. Promises To Keep 10K.
- Service Member Honoring 10K run
- Start and finish will take place at Fleet Feet Sports Fox Valley with speakers and events planned throughout the day
- The run will complete the last 10K of the 135 mile journey
- Runners will have the honor of joining active and veteran service members who will push a wounded veteran in a specialized running chair behind a military vehicle escort through the streets of Appleton
- For more information and to purchase tickets, CLICK HERE
This event supports myTEAM TRIUMPH Wisconsin, a non-profit athletic mentoring program for challenged endurance athletes.
myTEAM TRIUMPH bring the community together with the equipment necesary to challenged athletes the opportunity to experience the energy of packet pick-up, the thrill of crossing the finish line and the character building benefits of an endurance event such as a road race or triathlon.
myTEAM TRIUMPH promotes health, teamwork, and community!
Connect with myTEAM TRIUMPH
Rules - $500 Moosejaw shopping spree
Win an iPad2
Give to our Promises to Keep Fundraiser for a Chance to Win an iPad2
Just press the Donate button and give at least $26 and when you do so, you'll be signed up to win an iPad2. Then, ask all of your friends and family to give at least $26 too. When anyone donates to your fundraiser, they'll be signed up to win and we'll raise a crazy amount of money for charity.
The contest ends April 30, 2012 so please snap to. Sorry for saying snap to.
Click here for all the contest rules. And if you have any questions please email EventGirl@CrowdRise.com and they'll get back to you right away.
Thanks so much.