Roy Pirrung via Crowdrise
January 08, 2012
MYTEAM TRIUMPH wrote -
Together We Triumph
Promises To Keep as an event dedicated to honoring the 91 soldiers who have lost their lives in Iraq and Afghanastan
The event weekend is March 16-18 and includes:
1. The Courage Festival (March 16th). A kick-off event featuring speakers:
- Brian Gruender: Ironman Triathlete runing 135 miles from Kenosha to Appleton on March 17-18 to raise awareness and $10,000 for myTEAM TRIUMPH
- Roy Pirrung: Decorated Army Veteran, Ultramarathon Champion
- Clarence Hartley: Two-time cancer survivor, Korea and Vietnam War Veteran. Decorated US Air Force Lt. Col, Ret.
- For ticket information CLICK HERE
2. Promises to Keep 135. Brian Gruender will lead a non-stop 135 mile American Flag carrying relay run with active and veteran service members from Kenosha to Appleton Wisconsin.
3. Promises To Keep 10K.
- Service Member Honoring 10K run
- Start and finish will take place at Fleet Feet Sports Fox Valley with speakers and events planned throughout the day
- The run will complete the last 10K of the 135 mile journey
- Runners will have the honor of joining active and veteran service members who will push a wounded veteran in a specialized running chair behind a military vehicle escort through the streets of Appleton
- For more information and to purchase tickets, CLICK HERE
This event supports myTEAM TRIUMPH Wisconsin, a non-profit athletic mentoring program for challenged endurance athletes.
myTEAM TRIUMPH bring the community together with the equipment necesary to challenged athletes the opportunity to experience the energy of packet pick-up, the thrill of crossing the finish line and the character building benefits of an endurance event such as a road race or triathlon.
myTEAM TRIUMPH promotes health, teamwork, and community!
Connect with myTEAM TRIUMPH