Skip to content

My electrical system

Organized by: Robert Roushar

Robert's Photo


I have a house built in 1954. The electrical panel (breaker panel) is now 62 years old. They are Federal Pacific brand, and are dangerous. The main breaker is an old 100 amp service breaker with aluminum cables feeding it. My wife and I have no hot water now, and we cannot use our clothes dryer because the main breaker keeps tripping. You can smell it getting hot before it trips. These breakers are known fire hazards, and although I can find a breaker to replace it online, the county inspector will not allow this to be installed. I also need a hot water heater, because there appears to be a short in it. I have had one estimate and will get more tomorrow, October 7, 2016. The estimate I got so far is 3500.00 just for the installation of a new breaker panel in an approved location, and wiring it up with a new, copper service feed. The system is not grounded, and has only two conductor cables going to the outlets throughout the house. This means that new, 3 conductor cables will have to be run. This will cost another 1000.00. It will cost about 400.00 to replace the water heater. That will bring the total to 4900.00. I have borrowed 2500.00 That leaves a need for 2400.00. I need to get this done so my wife and I can be safe from the threat of fire, and have reliable hot water, stove and dryer operation, and reliable furnace operation before the weather turns cold.


Organized by

Robert Roushar

This is a direct to organizer fundraiser.

Donor Comments

Report this page — Let Us Know if you think this page is breaking the law or the CrowdRise Terms