Our family lost our home due to a house fire please help us
Organized by: Barbara Grubb
July 21, 2016
Hi my name is Barbara Grubb and My husband and I and my four girls are devastated... On June 20th we lost our lifes worth of belongings and keepsakes and memories all in the matter of 10 min..I moved to Okeechobee Florida in November of 2015. We found a cute little house in the heart of Okeechobee after we moved in and thought everything was going to be perfect we found out we were wrong I realized there were alot of issues that had not been disclosed..I was told nothing about the roof leaking or the electrical problems. You could not plug anything in the wall sockets without the breakers popping some of the outlets even sparked ...I told the Landlord immediately about the problems. Months of complaints and he never even attempted to fix anything so we finally gave up and called code enforcement after 7 months of trying to get the Landlord to do the necessary repairs. We were scheduled for code enforcement to come out the following week but on June 21 our daughters birthday party was interrupted by a phone call from the fire Marshall explaining that our house was on fire..We rushed back to our home to see it was completely ruined. We now have no home and In desperate need of help please help my family....