The holidays are a time to celebrate peace and hope.
And many women face the hopeless decision to either stay in a home broken by violence or face homelessness. There is no peace, and often little hope, for victims of domestic violence.
You can offer them an alternative.
A gift from you will keep our critically needed programs available by providing shelter, food, and a free 24-hour hotline open to anyone who is in need. There is no better way to celebrate the holidays than by providing safety and shelter for women and children in danger.
- $1,000 – supports a family in our RISE housing program for a month
- $750 – provides 50 hours of support on our 24-hour Hotline
- $500 – sponsors a field trip for the children at Sanctuary Plus
- $150 – feeds a family at our shelter for an entire month
- $75 – provides a mother with transportion to and from work for a month
- $50 – provides sanitary products for a mother for three months
- $25 – provides diapers for a baby in our shelter for an entire month.
Please, give the gift of peace and hope this holiday season.
My Sister’s Place (MSP) seeks to end domestic violence and empower survivors to live healthy, independent lives free from violence.
For over 40 years, MSP has been an innovator in changing lives by providing DC’s first hotline and first domestic violence shelter, and now by taking a public health approach to the epidemic of domestic violence. As DC’s oldest domestic violence shelter, we have served as a cornerstone of the District’s response to this pressing public health issue since 1979. MSP is unique in offering a full continuum of care from immediate crisis on our hotline through transitional-to-permanent housing. Our experienced team of professional social workers provides clinical counseling, case management, and comprehensive services to empower survivors to recover and thrive. MSP also provides training, case consultation, and advocacy to engage communities to prevent violence and abuse. Our goal is to end domestic violence, and empower everyone to build healthy lives and relationships.