We won Bonus Challenge #4!
October 30, 2017
BENEFITING: My Sister's Place, Inc.
My Sister's Place (MSP) engages the community to prevent domestic violence and empowers survivors to build healthy lives free from violence and abuse.
1 in 4 women and 1 in 7 men experience domestic violence with severe physical abuse, and almost 50% of women and men experience emotional abuse, which research shows has devastating long-term health impacts. For over 40 years, MSP has been an innovator in changing lives by providing DC's first hotline and first domestic violence shelter, and now by taking a public health approach to the epidemic of domestic violence.
MSP is unique in offering a full continuum of care from immediate crisis on our hotline through transitional-to-permanent housing. Our experienced team of professional social workers provides clinical counseling, case management, and comprehensive services to empower survivors to recover and thrive. MSP also provides training, case consultation, and advocacy to engage communities to prevent violence and abuse. Our goal is to end domestic violence, and empower everyone to build healthy lives and relationships.
What We Offer
- 24-Hour Hotline - The city’s only dedicated free & confidential 24/7 hotline for domestic violence victims not connected with law enforcement and courts
- Sanctuary Plus - A modern shelter for 45 women & children with counseling, case management & life skills training
- RISE - An innovative transitional-to-permanent housing program that builds survivors financial skills and credit
- Community Counseling & Case Management – Counseling, case management and groups for men and women impacted by domestic violence
- Community Outreach & Education - trainings, events, literature & more to raise awareness and encourage community engagement
- Batterer Intervention Program – A unique program that empowers men to hold each other accountable and overcome dangerous, destructive behavior
What Your Gift Means: We couldn't make our vital work happen without you
- $1,000 - supports a family in our RISE housing program for an entire month
- $750 - provides 50 hours of support on our 24-hour Hotline
- $500 - sponsors a field trip for the children at Sanctuary Plus
- $150 - feeds a family at our shelter for an entire month
- $75 - provides a mother with transportion to and from work for an entire month
- $50 - provides sanitary products for a mother for three months
- $25 - provides diapers for a baby in our shelter for an entire month.
Please, help us rebuild lives, one family at a time.