Skip to content

My dog Gucci needs surgery for her liver shunt disease

Organized by: Trudy Davis

Trudy's Photo


Hi my name is Trudy Davis. On Monday February 22nd 2016 around 7 in the morning I found my pet Gucci laying half dead on the floor. I screamed so hard my kids woke up. My son lift her up while I'm trying to put some honey in her mouth to bring up her sugar level because in some instance yorkie's blood sugar tends to drop. I was panicking. I called 911 they hung up on me n told me to call 311. Because it was so early I knew her vet wasn't not opened yet. Me m my kids got dressed real quick n jumped in the car. We went to our neighborhood pet smart it was closed also. So I went on my phone to see if here was any emergency vet near us. One was like 4 miles away from where we were. I called them n told them we were on our way. I stated driving like a crazy person while my some still trying to give her some honey. When we finally got there they took her n rushed her upstairs to see what's up. Afterwards the doctor came down n spoke with me. She said the symptoms that she showed was for a liver shunt. She had live 4 seizure episode n her blood sugar was super low. She gave me an estimated bill for $1900 for them to keep her n treat her. I told them I didn't have that kind of money. They have me applied for care credit and I got declined. So what they did was stabilized her n told me to take her to her vet. Their bill is $464. They world out a payment plan for me to pay that money. Anyways we took her to her vet. They admitted her that same Monday. They are located in Howard beach in queens. I went to visit her on Tuesday Doctor Weinstein said she was doing much better. And he gave me 4 cans of L/d diet food which is low in protein, lactulose to help her liver break down the toxins in her blood n flagil for the infection. On Wednesday she was back to being Gucci running n playing n barking until Wednesday night I noticed she was falling over while she is standing up n was very lethargic. Her vet was closed to I called back the emergency vet their name is blue pearl located on 4th Ave the corner of pacific street downtown Brooklyn. They told me to bring her in. And I did. They somewhat stabilized her but she was crying shaking n still falling over. She did recognized me n didn't respond to her name. I was devastated because they told me to take her home n continue to give her honey until the morning I should take her to her vet. I was afraid so I stayed in the hospital waiting room with her just incase she have another episode. Then I went on my phone to see if here's anywhere else I could take her. I Called AMC. they're located in Manhattan on west 62nd street. They took her stabilized her n just like blue pearl because I had no money they sent me home. We got home about 4 in the morning. I watched her until 8am I took her back to Howard beach. They admitted her once more. I spoke with Doctor Raphael tonight n he said they upped the dosage of the medication but something odd happened. She still had a seizure. My heart is breaking. My baby is not even 2 years old yet. She still have her lil puppy life to live. He said the best thing to do to help her is to have the surgery done which ranges from 5-6 thousand dollars. That hurts even more because there's no way I can find that money. I will try anything to help her not because she's a dog I should give up on her. She's part of my family. My boys are devastated over it. The doctor said once surgery is done. She can live a normal life. So please I'm asking to help me help her. Sincerely yours Trudy Davis.


Organized by

Trudy Davis

This is a direct to organizer fundraiser.

Donor Comments

Report this page — Let Us Know if you think this page is breaking the law or the CrowdRise Terms