NACSW is seeking to raise funds at this year's Convention 2015 to invest in two robust initiatives:
- To increase our support of NACSW's emerging leaders - that is, members under the age of 35 who are at the beginning of their social work careers, and who represent NACSW's future
- Partnering with almost a dozen Christian Colleges and Universities to significantly expand NACSW's array of online CEU trainings to grow to more than 100 trainings by mid-2016
How will your donation be used to increase the number of ways emerging leaders will be able to connect with their peers using social media (such as Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, blogging, etc.), as well as meeting face to face at NACSW conventions and other events?
- A donation of $25 will pay for a staff person’s time to organize an emerging leader’s event at NACSW's next convention
- A donation of $50 will for a staff person’s time to conduct two focus groups with emerging leaders to learn more about what they would like see NACSW become
- A donation of $100 will pay a staff person’s time to expand NACSW’s presence on Twitter
- A donation of $250 will help pay for the food costs for an emerging leaders event at a convention
- A donation of $500 will pay for a couple of scholarship enabling a two emerging leaders attend the convention that would not be able to afford to do so otherwise
- A donation of $1,000 or more will pay for hiring a consultant to attend a convention, interview emerging leaders in attendance, and produce a professional quality video that crystalizes the focus and direction of its emerging leaders initiative
How will your donation be used to build NACSW's online CEU program, through which NACSW offers easy,“on-demand” access to high quality online training options sensitive to the ethical integration of faith and social work?
- A donation of $25 will pay for a staff person’s time to conduct research exploring topics and presenters of pressing interest to Christians in social work as future training topics
- donation of $50 will pay for the video recording of a workshop session which can be used for an online training.
- A donation of $100 will pay for the recording and editing of a workshop session which can be used for an online training.
- A donation of $250 will pay for the full production and posting of an new online training
- A donation of $500 will pay for the purchase of a much higher quality camera to significantly upgrade the quality of the video recordings used for online trainings
- A donation of $1,000 will pay for the purchase of a much higher grade camera, as well as microphone and lighting equipment, to significantly upgrade the overall quality of the online trainin
Our hope is that vigorously pursuing these initiatives will help us provide more value for current NACSW members, attract new members so we can continue to grow, and be a more vital Christian presence in the social work profession overall.
Thanks so much for considering this invitation to help NACSW better serve Christians in social work in North America and to become a more vital presence in the social work profession!