NAMI’s guiding principle is “families helping families.” And so we have free classes throughout the year: Family-to-Family, Homefront, Peer-to-Peer and NAMI Basics courses. We also offer almost 30 ongoing support groups for people living with mental illness and for their family members. Groups are facilitated by trained peer volunteers.
We work closely with NAMI National and NAMI-New York State to advocate for:
- improved services for people with mental illness and their families;
- health insurance parity;
- the allocation of more resources for research into neurobiological disorders;
- and comprehensive, accessible treatment options.
Our staff and volunteers:
- provide professional testimony;
- sit on task forces, boards and commissions;
- and collaborate with other advocacy organizations.
For more information on our programs, please contact our Helpline: 212.684.3264 or email@example.com