She came to the Weaver Domestic Violence Center eight months pregnant, fleeing her abuser after he'd strangled her - almost taking her life and the life of their unborn child. She found safety, comfort and her case manager's hand to hold, when a few weeks later she delivered her healthy baby girl. Now, both mom and child are happy and thriving away from their abuser.
Not all stories have the same happy ending.
- Up to 70% of women who are abused BEFORE pregnancy are abused DURING pregnancy.
- Domestic violence victims who are strangled are seven times more likely to be killed by their abuser
- One of the leading causes of death for pregnant women is murder … by the baby’s father. 1
- 15.5 million children witness domestic violence each year in the U.S.
- Boys who witness violence are twice as likely to abuse their partners when they grow up.
We have to stop the cycle. We WILL stop the cycle. Will you help us stop the cycle? Repost. Share. Give.
A $50 donation to the YWCA is the cost of cab ride for a mother and her child to our Weaver Domestic Violence Center.
A $150 donation to the YWCA provides a mother and her child one day of care at our Weaver Domestic Violence Center.
A $250 donation to the YWCA helps staff our Crisis & Support Helpline 24/7.
A $1,000 donation to the YWCA feeds a mother and her children for a month at our Weaver Domestic Violence Center.
Get help. Give help. |1-800-334-4628 #stopthecycle #DVAM