BENEFITING: National Kidney Foundation, Inc.
EVENT: San Francisco Marathon 2015
EVENT DATE: Jul 26, 2015
Welcome to my Fundraiser Page, and thank you!
26 million Americans have kidney disease and 9/10 of them do not know it. 1 in 3 are at risk for developing it. Every day, 12 people die waiting for a kidney on the transplant list, and others do not even qualify for a transplant.
I am healthy & happy (for now, at 26), and every day I take for granted my hardworking kidneys, my mobility, and the simple ability to pee! Since I started working at the National Kidney Foundation almost two years ago, I have heard countless inspiring stories from kidney patients, and now I want to do something more to give back. The scary thing about kidney disease is that it is most frequently a silent killer, without symptoms--and I want to help the general public become more aware of this often preventable disease.
Please consider donating to my page, to support me in my first half marathon EVER! For additional motivation, consider the following...:
- Donate $15 -- You will receive my undying gratitude, and of course a thank you note in the mail
- Donate $25 -- I will send you a fancy-shmancy SF postcard, in addition to a thank you note
- Donate $50 -- I will send you a small surprise gift (after all, who doesn't like surprises?!), and thank you note
- Donate $75 -- I will bake & deliver (in-person delivery to Bay Area residents only--sorry!) a dozen chocolate chip cookies, and a thank you note
- Donate $100 -- I will give you a thank you note, and bake & deliver (Bay Area residents only--sorry!) a dozen treats of your choice: chocolate chip cookies, oatmeal raisin cookies, "magic cookie bars", shortbread cookies, or brownies
- Donate $250+ -- I will be in awe of your generosity, and also I will:
- A) Bake/cook something of your choice, and deliver it to you (Disclaimers: for donors in the Bay Area only. This is at your own risk if it's something extremely complicated, but I'll do my best!)
- B) Buy something fun and NKF/kidney-themed, and give it to you
Thank you in advance for your support!!! Wish me luck!
P.S. If you would like to join Team Kidney in taking the fight to the finish line, contact me directly, or my coworker Julia at: email@example.com.