Skip to content


Organized by: David Lerud

David's Photo


In 1996 I had both hips replaced at the VA with a titanium prosthesis. After a hard fall at work in 2001 the prosthesis separated from the bone, and after 2 years and 8 months of flexing the prosthesis broke, again needing to be replaced. Doctor Johnson wrote at the Workman Comp. hearing that it was to complicated a procedure to explain ( read above ), thereby keeping the VA from receiving 60,000 dollars and the patient ( me ) from receiving wages for medical time off. The Iowa City VA was always late filing medical reports with my employer, as a result I was fired. In 2013 I told the Iowa City VA my left leg prosthesis needed to be replaced because it was causing me a lot of problems. They said no. I had 47 mcg/L of titanium in my system. The reporting limit should be 11 mcg/L. The prosthesis had been in 17 years and the life span was 10 to 15 years. It keep coming out of it`s socket. One day while it was out, I was at my chiropractor`s , he thought he could put it back in, but instead broke the plastic. I`ve been trying to get it fixed and get around for 3 years 6 months in excruating pain. Every time I would talk to a lawyer, the VA would cut off my medicine and convince the lawyer not to take my case. How they would do it is when I called in my prescription, I would have to punch in my Social Security number and the line would go dead. Finally in September 2015 they took me in for X Rays and the VA said it had just come out of it`s socket and that the plastic didn`t show up on X Ray. 6 guys picked me up and tried to put it back in, without success. They said we`ll let the Doctor from the University fix it. She said the plastic was broke. Is this a cover up. I had been trying to get around using my walker which caused the prosthesis to get all marked up making it unusable. It also caused the pelvic bone to break, where the plastic had been anchored. They were going to send me home with a blood thinner that could cause temporary paralysis or permanent paralysis. To send me home they gave me a dirty urinal said I had a urinal infection. I told the nurse I hadn`t been circumcise that could cause the bad test. The put a catheter in and the test came out clean. But they had to use the first test. Now I know why. It`s been 8 months and nothing has gotten done. I assume they sent me home to die . I found a hospital that can fix their mess. I`m sure it will expensive. Can you help by sending a donation. PLEASE.


Organized by

David Lerud

This is a direct to organizer fundraiser.

Donor Comments

David is still setting up this fundraiser so please check back so you can support NEED HELP PAYING MEDICAL BILLS.

Report this page — Let Us Know if you think this page is breaking the law or the CrowdRise Terms