BENEFITING: American Red Cross
On April 25th, 2015 a 7.8-magnitude earthquake struck Nepal. Thousand of homes were destroyed, leaving some 1.4 million people in need of aid. Your donation will help provide relief kits, emergency medical relief, as well as temporary shelter for the effected.
All your donations will go to American Red Cross to help those who are affected by the devastating earthquake find temporary shelter and connect them with their families abroad.
What the American Red Cross is currently doing:
- Sent out eight disaster specialist to support emergency relief, cash transfer programming, information management, recovery planning and IT/telecoms
- Provided remote mapping and information management support to reconnect separated families
- Made arrangements to send out supplies from the warehouse in Kuala Lumpar and Dubai, including non-food items such as tarps, buckets, kitchen sets and blanket
- Currently providing first-aid, search and rescue, and blood to medical facilities in the capital
- Approximately over 5,000 people have been killed
- More than 10,000 have been injured
- More than eight million have been affected
- More than 20 aftershocks, ranging from magnitude 5 to 6.7, have occurred
- Buildings and infrastructures have been damaged and destroyed
- Hospitals are stretched to its limits
- Very limited transportation
To follow what's happening in Nepal, please check out https://www.reddit.com/live/usqod2db8ogh.
Thank you for your generous contribution.