BENEFITING: NEW EARTH ORGANIZATION
We are excited to announce the inclusion of comprehensive WASC accredited high school diploma program in partnership with YouthBuild USA and John Muir Charter School of CA at our newly opened center in Culver City.
Given New Earth's track record of successful service to youth in juvenile justice facilities, we are expanding our programming to host 100 young people aged 16-24 who are reentering society from incarceration and who are in need of a high school diploma, vocational development, arts programs, and other wrap around services.
All of our new reentry programs at our new youth center are continuing a culture of leadership to solidify the youths' positive, lifelong contributions to society as leaders in their communities. Admission is free and enrollment is on a rolling basis.
We open our doors for the first wave of students on August 24, 2015 and we need your help now and into the future!
HOW YOU CAN HELP:
Feed a Student - Many of our students are hungry and are encouraged to attend and engage in our programs because they can get a warm nutritious meal.
$10 feeds a student breakfast and lunch for the day
$200 feeds a student for a month
Transport a Student - Many of our students need to get out of their current environments and come to our school in a different neighborhood to shift their perspectives and be in a better place. They need transportation to make that happen.
$120 puts gas in our van for a month
$500 helps us raise $50,000 to get 2 new 15 passenger vans to transport more students
Transform a Student - Our comprehensive wrap-around support services keep youth engaged and out of jail. These services include
- Job training and placement
- Education (High School Diploma & Higher Education Pathways)
- Creative Arts Programming
- F.L.O.W. Music Production Studio
- Leadership Training
- Dedicated Counselors to create action plans for success
- Nature Expeditions
- Case Management
Provide all of these services to a student for $3,500
- There are 30,000 young people on probation or locked up in L.A. County, more than any other metropolitan area in the world.
- It costs taxpayers up to $150,000 per year to incarcerate one youth
- Los Angeles has an 86% recidivism rate, which means 86% of young people that get locked up in L.A. will get locked up again.
- 95% of youth are arrested for nonviolent offenses
- 80% of arrests are of Black and Latino youth
IT'S CLEAR - THE SYSTEM IS BROKEN, THERE IS A BETTER WAY. THE NEW EARTH WAY.
- We serve 2000 incarcerated youth each year, more than any other non-governmental organization
- 95% of our youth remain gang and jail free
- It costs only $3,500 per youth to receive our post-release sevices for one year
HELP US FEED, TRANSPORT, EDUCATE AND MENTOR A YOUTH THIS SCHOOL YEAR!