BENEFITING: CERES COMMUNITY PROJECT
TEENS COOKING FOR THE CRITICALLY ILL!
Ceres Community Project energizes communities by linking what we eat and how we care for each other with the health of people and planet.
THE TEEN EDUCATION IS FREE, AS ARE THE MEALS TO THE RECIPIENTS!!! IT'S A VOLUNTEER-DRIVEN PROJECT!
Ceres Community Project brings local teens into a commercial kitchen and teaches them about cooking with whole, organic foods. The meals they prepare are then delivered by volunteers to members of our community who are suffering from cancer and other life-threatening conditions. Ceres Marin has been creating a healthy community around whole, sustainable food since the fall of 2010 and has prepared and delivered over 45,000 meals to our clients and their families.
We are raising funds to upgrade some of the equipment in the Marin kitchen; the following items are what we hope to purchase:
- TRINITY EcoStorage 3-Tier NSF Chrome Cart ($74)
- Robot Coupe R 2 CLR Dice Continuous Feed Combination Food Processor / Dicer with 3 qt. Clear Bowl - 120V ($1500)
- GE 20.2-cu ft Frost Free Upright Freezer ($988)
- HP Envy all-in-one Printer ($150)
- 30 Bib Aprons-1 Piece Pack-new Spun Poly-commercial Restaurant Kitchen ($5.45 each, $164 total)
- Snapware Meal Containers for the Client Bags ($500)
- 2 Standard DeepNet Recommended Laptops for the office ($1,494 each, $2988 total)
Ceres Community Project of Marin is an award winning, volunteer-driven nonprofit dedicated to serving the youth of our community and assisting in the care of those with life-threatening illnesses.
$10 Helps -- $100 Helps -- $1000 Helps
THANK YOU FOR SHARING OUR DREAM!!!