EVENT: TI Education Challenge
NewGen Financial Literacy Initiative NewGen’s mission is to assist America’s urban, and lower-income demographic to become more financially educated and stable. One of our biggest issues within our community as it relates to money, is that the majority of our communities do not have a sound financial foundation, which in turn affects the way we handle and manage our money. We would like to educate those who weren’t afforded the opportunity to learn about topics such as savings, budgeting, investing, financial planning and retirement to build wealth for themselves and future generations that will come after them by:
- Partnering with local school systems to create financial lesson plans to be taught in school tailored for each age group.
- Partnering with Colleges and Universities to hold workshops and seminars with financial advisors, mutual fund managers, and individuals who were able to build wealth through various investment vehicles.
- Host back to school drives providing students and parents with school supplies and financial planning information.
- Creating a website with financial tool, information and tutorials for individuals to visit on their own to obtain up to date financial planning and wealth building information.
- Conduct weekly podcast on financial planning and wealth building.