BENEFITING: NEW HEIGHTS YOUTH INC
ORGANIZER: NEW HEIGHTS YOUTH INC
EVENT: NYC Half 2014
EVENT DATE: Mar 16, 2014
NEW HEIGHTS YOUTH INC wrote -
Team New Heights is running to fund our year-round youth-development program College Bound - providing athletic and academic support to over 200+ NYC student-athletes.
Why this matters:
- Obesity among U.S. children and adolescents 2 to 19 years of age has tripled over the past two decades (NYHealth.gov)
- 71% of youth nationwide do not get the recommended amount of physical activity needed to live a healthy life (UptoUs.org)
- Sedentary lifestyles are associated with lower self-esteem in boys, more aggressive behavior in girls, and lower school achievement in both genders (ijbnpa.org)
- $3.5 billion dollars were cut from school sports programs between 2007 and 2011 and 60% of children who play sports have to pay a fee, disproportionately affecting children from low and middle income backgrounds1(Up2Us.org)
- All New Heights programs are provided to student-athletes free of cost (not including a nominal application fee)
Thank you for your support!!