Community Partners wrote -
This 2015 make your resolution to help build leadership skills and resilience among the youth in communities most vulnerable to incarceration!
Help us raise 5k in 15 days!
THE DANDELION RISING LEADERSHIP INSTITUTE is a 6 month program that develops students' (age 16-24) skills in effective organizing and public leadership. It is also intended to help develop their political consciousness so they can find their voice in the larger movement for social change. We have worked with over 200 YouthBuild students since November 2012 to organize within their communities, run campaigns, and give testimony at the county Board of Supervisors meetings.
Your donation will support our 2015 goals to:
- Work closely with 20 students over the course of two 6-month programs
- Ensure that each student attends a political education class each week
- Help each student be successful in organizing with formerly incarcerated people and their loved ones
- Have each student organize 5 new members into Dignity and Power Now by the end of their program
- Make sure each student understands and particpates in two major campaigns: stopping the two billion dollar jail plan and the implementation of a comprehensive mental health diversion plan for Los Angeles County
- Have each student deliver testimony to the county Board of Supervisors
- Provide resources so at the end of the program the students can put together an event to showcase what they've learned and how they plan to further the fight of abolition in Los Angeles County
Make 2015 the year of education, action, and abolition!
Donate now for a NEW YEAR, NEW YOUTH!