BENEFITING: BOSTON DANCE ALLIANCE INC
Things to know about my 2013 Boston Dance Alliance fundraiser, in no particular order:
1. This is my third year on the Board of Boston Dance Alliance, an arts nonprofit that supports dancers and dance companies across the city and helps promote the art form. It's a very passionate and hardworking Board and I'm proud to be a part of it.
2. Last March I was able to raise over $400 for BDA with your help, and this year I'm bumping my goal up to $500. (Look at me, reaching for the stars.)
3. Due to the generous pledges of two of the organization's donors this year, our $500 will be tripled once it gets to BDA - that means we'll actually be raising $1,500! Cha-ching!
4. Your donation is tax deductible. You're probably doing your 2012 taxes right now - just think, a year from now you could be deducting "super generous donation to Boston Dance Alliance" on your tax form. Win-win.
5. My birthday was last month, and your donation makes a great belated birthday present. (Giving me a gift is just a nice thing to do, I'm not pointing out it's my birthday because I keep track of who gives me presents or anything, Except that I do. So...keep that in mind.)
6. I've been dancing for 25 years and counting - I still take a class (and bust a move) every week.
7. Yes, that is a photo of me (circa early '90s).
8. Yes, it is embarassing.
9. Please reward my self-humiliation with a donation.
10. I'm really grateful that you just read all the way to #10, let alone are considering donating. Here's a big thanks for humoring me, and a SUPER BIG thanks for donating!