Organized by: Nighthawk Cross Country
Event Name: Nighthawk Cross Country Junior Championship
WHO: Boys and girls ages 11 and under. Limited to the first 100 registrations!
WHAT: Cross country meet for kids not yet participating on a school team.
WHEN: Saturday, October 3, 2015. First event starts at 8:30 A.M.
WHERE: Settlers Park, Hanover MN (click here for a map). This is a controlled and marked but not closed course, all within the park and mostly on grass.
WHY: To give young kids a "cross country" experience, to raise money for the Northwest Nighthawks cross country team (see video at left), and to benefit the local food shelf. Why not dream big?
HOW MUCH: $7.00 advance registration (through Sept. 29), $12.00 on site.
Please also bring a non-perishable item for the Hanover Area Food Shelf.
ORDER OF EVENTS:
Boys and girls run together but are scored/awarded separately; and yes, younger athletes can "run up" to the longer distances if they want the challenge.
- 400 m (1/4 mile): ages 5 and under
- 800 m (1/2 mile): ages 7 and under
- 1200 m (3/4 mile): ages 9 and under
- 1600 m (1 mile): ages 11 and under
- Awards ceremony
- Medals to top boy and top girl finisher in each race.
- Placing ribbons for 2nd-6th place in each race (boys/girls scored separately).
- Participation ribbons for all other finishers.
- Water and snacks for all runners. Concessions also available.
- Cheering fans wearing red and black. Lots of them. All over the course.
- Races will be timed, recorded, and posted on the team website.
Our vision for this event is to bring the community together in a fun activity that promotes the sport of cross country while serving as an annual team fundraiser. We would love to see as many kids running as possible. To keep entry fees low and support the team, we ask that you consider adding a donation to your registration to help make the event a success. Thank you for your help in making this all possible!