BENEFITING: Trinity Boston Foundation Inc
EVENT: 2013 Boston Marathon
EVENT DATE: Apr 15, 2013
Nikias Stefanakis wrote -
I am running the 2013 Boston Marathon to support Sole Train: Boston Runs Together, a program of Trinity Boston Foundation. All donations will support Sole Train in the year in which the gift is made (2012 or 2013). Thank you so much!
Sole Train: Boston Runs Together, is a free, non-competitive running and mentoring program for Boston youth. We aim to inspire the city’s youth to realize their potential and accomplish goals they never thought possible as they train for and complete 5K and 5 mile races and a half marathon. We focus on the following strategic goals:
• Building a safe, supportive and inclusive community;
• Encouraging and fostering self-confidence, perseverance and responsibility by achieving personal and collective goals;
• Teaching healthy habits through exercise;
• Expanding ones sense of possibility, community and capacity to grow and change the world;
• Connecting youth to additional supports, including academic, mental health and vocational services.
Sole Train youth learn that even seemingly impossible goals can be achieved when they identify the necessary steps that need to be taken, attain the appropriate support and develop self-confidence. Youth then learn to transfer these skills to other areas of their lives and strive to reach their full potential. Our goal is to eventually offer this program to all Boston youth.