BENEFITING: NATIONAL MULTIPLE SCLEROSIS SOCIETY
ORGANIZER: AL SIGL FOUNDATION
EVENT DATE: Oct 26, 2014
AL SIGL FOUNDATION wrote -
Every week, about 200 Americans are diagnosed with Multiple Sclerosis (MS), a chronic, unpredictable disease that is thought to cause the immune system to attack otherwise healthy tissue. This disorder affects the central nervous system (the brain, optic nerves, and spinal cord).
NMSS works to create a world free of MS every day.
The National Multiple Sclerosis Society serves 12,000 families living with MS across 50 counties by providing:
- Information and referral programs for individuals with this disease, along with their families, educators and service providers
- Local awareness initiatives
- Self-help resources and classes
- Support groups (Adult & Family)
- Community programs
- Online classes
- Financial assistance programs