BENEFITING: New Haven Ecology Project
ORGANIZER: New Haven Ecology Project
EVENT DATE: Nov 22, 2016
I am finally listening to the news again and for the past week I have woken up to stories that drive home this reality: our federal gonvernment has adopted a new rendition of "America", one that seems to have veered sharply away from my hopes and dreams for our country. As painful as it is for me to come to terms with this new reality it has made me realize how important it is for our local community to hold firm on its commitment to social justice, equity and inclusivity, human rights and human dignity, protection and stewardship of our natural resources, an economy that works for everyone, and decision making that is based on sound science and verified data. Now is the time for all of us to wield the power that lies within our local communities to protect a humane, compassionate, just vision for America. And now is the time to invest in those organizations that help us to realize those values that we care most deeply about. THAT IS WHY I AM ASKING YOU TO SUPPORT COMMON GROUND during our Common Ground Doubles Down fundraiser.
Check us out at www.commongroundct.org
Your gift grows positive change in our world:
- $25 brings two students here for a field trip to get outside and explore the woods, taste a carrot they have harvested fresh from the farm, pet a goat, hold a chicken, and more. Common Ground is where over 5,000 students each year learn to love and appreciate the natural world.
- $100 provides a 4-week farmshare for one of our high school families, delivering a giant bag of fresh produce and recipes to help incorporate the farm fresh foods into their diets.
- $300 provides a Chromebook for one of our high school students for the year. At Common Ground High School students develop the knowledge base and critical thinking skills they will need to lead our communities towards a sustainable future.
- $500 sends a child to our Kids Unplugged after school program, getting kids outside and in to nature one a week for the school year.
- $750 pays for 2 high school students to work for their community through Green Jobs Corps, gaining paid, environmentally themed work experience, for example planting street trees with Urban Resource Initiative.
- $10,000 funds our summer farm intern program, bringing young people to our farm to learn sustainable agricultural practices.
Now more than ever, Common Ground is committed to helping create a better future. But we cannot do it without your support. Your donation today will be matched dollar for dollar by Newmans Own Foundation so there is not better time to show your support! Thank you for doubling down!