BENEFITING: DISCOVERY CENTER INC
ORGANIZER: DISCOVERY CENTER INC
DISCOVERY CENTER INC wrote -
Stand for justice. Because all children are OUR children. And they deserve the brightest futures possible. What did one little Hartford girl beg from her father? Read on and find out.
Help support The Discovery Center's work in education equity and social justice. Families, teachers and entire school systems are asking for our help so they can inspire and support diverse classrooms where all students can thrive. We can only do this with your support. Please respond to the distrust and racism around us by standing for justice and showing our kids that love will always win.
If we raise $10,000 by midnight Nov. 29, Newman's Own Foundation will match it! Your gift will be DOUBLED! Help us rise to the challenge.
We offer workshops to children (focused on grades 4 through 8), parents, college students, teachers and other adults who work with youth. We build skills in empathy, diversity, inclusion, class climate, communication and teamwork. Our residential program provides an affirming, empowering multicultural experience for students, many for whom "camp" is a new and life-changing event. Donations are vital.
Gina is a student at SAND School in Hartford. She came to our camp last year. Two weeks ago, she signed up to come again. And she asked her Dad to PLEASE pay the family fee for another child too--any child--so that they could also come to camp. She wanted to share the experience, to be able to give it to another kid. Gina is a philanthropist! Can you give in her honor?
- $36 allows 1 child to participate in a 3-hour Leadership Workshop
- $48 provides an anti-racism training workshop for an adult
- $75 provides a child with an 8-week after school opportunity to be a Diversity and Inclusion Ambassador
- $100 pays for First Aid supplies in every camp building
- $500 enables a child to attend the Residential Program for 5 days
- $1,400 pays our rent for a month. Woo hoo! That would be so awesome.
Thank you for considering this request, and for reading this far. :-)