One month out: "Conquer the mind, conquer the body."
July 29, 2017
BENEFITING: Noah's Light Foundation
ORGANIZER: Noah's Light Foundation
EVENT: Tough Mudder Chicago 2017
Most people have been affected by cancer in some way; whether having battled it themselves or known a loved one who has fought that fight. Childhood cancer is very close to my heart. Working in the Pediatric ICU, I am in constant contact with children who are battling cancer of all varieties.
· For every 8 children diagnosed with cancer, 1 will not survive
· Cancer is the leading cause of death by disease among children in the United States
· 43 kids are diagnosed with cancer everyday
· Only 4% of the National Cancer Institute’s annual budget goes to children’s cancer
· The average age of diagnosis for childhood cancer is 6
· Children have only had 3 cancer medications approved in the last 20 years
· Nearly 15,700 kids will be diagnosed with cancer in the next 365 days
This August I am running the Tough Mudder and partnering with a charity to raise money for children’s brain cancer research. Tough Mudder is a 12 mile military style obstacle course race (https://toughmudder.com). Unlike a normal Tough Mudder, I won’t be doing the course a single time. I’ll be running it both Saturday and Sunday, completing the 12 mile course as many times as I am able to. My goal is to complete the course four times each day, finishing just under 100 miles.
I am partnering with Noah's Light charity (https://www.noahslightfoundation.org) and set a goal of $1500. Donations of any amount are welcome and every bit quickly adds up. I hope you will join in supporting me as I partner with this great charity, helping raise money to find a cure for children's brain cancer. Thank you in advance for your donations and support. There is a "race support team" getting together and coming up race weekend, August 26 and 27, to help keep me motivated and cheer me on. Feel free to contact me about joining.