Brenda Cotnoir via Crowdrise
November 25, 2010
Francisco Felix's Story : http://bit.ly/ckBguu
Rand Sheppard's Story: http://bit.ly/9I5h4s
NTA Fund's Mission & website: http://www.ntafund.org
"NTAF helps families address financial hardships arising from uninsured medical expenses related to transplantation (solid organ, bone marrow, stem cell or tissue) and catastrophic injury (spinal cord, traumatic brain and/or amputation).
Established in 1983 by medical professionals, NTAF is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization, with headquarters in Radnor, Pennsylvania, that provides expert fundraising guidance to patients, families and communities nationwide, while offering fiscal accountability for funds raised.
NTAF works to:
* Raise money and administer funds for medical expenses of patients and living donors not covered by insurance;
* Provide network identification, custom appeal letters and fundraising guidance;
* Offer direct financial assistance in the form of $500 and $1,000 challenge grants to eligible patients;
* Provide expertise, information and education about all areas of transplantation and spinal cord injury;
* Raise awareness about the critical need for solid organ, bone marrow, stem cell and tissue donation;
* Provide assurance of fiscal accountability in the collection, management and disbursement of funds raised.
Now in its 28th year, NTAF has helped more than 4,000 patients, families and communities nationwide raise more than $70 million* to pay for out-of-pocket expenses related to transplantation and catastrophic injury."