Paige Montgomery wrote -
As many of you know, I am proud to serve on the board of Neighbors Together, a home-away-from-home for thousands of our Brooklyn neighbors who struggle to secure the bare basics of life: food, shelter, clothing, and employment.
For over 6,000 people each year, the soup kitchen and social services provided by Neighbors Together offer a lifeline of support. In one of the wealthiest cities in the world, it devastates me to know that hunger and poverty are daily realities for so many New Yorkers.
Ocean-Hill/Brownsville, home to Neighbors Together, is one of the lowest-income areas in New York City. Amid this seemingly endless recession, more people are turning to Neighbors Together for the first time because they have lost jobs and cannot afford to pay rent and buy food. To make matters worse, financial support from government and private funders is decreasing.
Our board to raising $10,000 for Neighbors Together by June 29th, and I'm asking for your help.
Please consider making a gift to Neighbors Together today – your generosity is a concrete investment in a better life for thousands of New Yorkers who struggle on a daily basis, not just at holiday times.
• $300 provides dinner to a family of 4 for an entire month
• $500 offers 1 month of meals + case management services to 2 struggling individuals, ensuring their access to vital resources beyond food such as housing, food stamps, and mental health care
• $750 covers the cost of one day’s lunch for 200 people
• $1,000 sponsors our ongoing addiction recovery & stress reduction support group for 6 months
• $2,500 finances a year’s worth of weekly community meetings at Neighbors Together, which build leadership skills and empower our neighbors to advocate for better public policies to end hunger.
For nearly 30 years, Neighbors Together has been a beacon of hope for vulnerable New Yorkers as they fight for a better life. I joined the board of Neighbors Together because I want to be part of the solution to ending hunger and poverty in our city.
Please join me in this effort! To learn more about Neighbors Together and to make a donation today, please visit www.neighborstogether.org.
Thank you for taking action when your contribution will make the biggest impact!
P.S. Over the next few weeks, I will be in touch to let you know how our campaign is progressing toward our $10,000 goal. Thank you for your generous support!