Bantar Gebang - A landfill area which is located in Bekasi, West Java Province, Indonesia. A place where the garbage is landed, where the people are not supposed to live yet many scavenger families live there. It is almost impossible to afford healthy food for them and their families. The poor sanitation and hygiene give rises to many diseases, such as diarrhea and malnutrition.
Who is ADRA Indonesia?
ADRA Indonesia is a humanitarian NGO who works and walks with the poor, distress, and people in needs.
What We Do?
Right now, we are helping the scavenger families who earn for about USD 5-10 per day. ADRA has been teaching 20 mothers to prepare and cook nutritious foods for 100 children. There are more children to help and needing assistance in growth and nutritional status monitoring.
Why Invest in Nutrition?
According to World Bank Group President, Jim Yong Kim, 37% Indonesian children under five suffer from stunted growth as the result of poor nutrition.
Bill & Mellinda Gates foundation also stressed that investment in nutrition leads to the success in other sector of development.
UNICEF Stated that the improvement of children's nutrition brings about positive changes in productivity, economic development and poverty reduction. As good nutrition enhances health, cognitive development and school performance.
What Impacts Your Donation Bring?
All donations raise from this campaign will help :
- Provide nutritious food for the scavenger children
- Teach mothers to prepare and cook the food with balance nutrition menu
- Establish Integrated Health Service Posts & provide doctors for the scavengers
Other Ways You Can Help
- Share this page via social media or email
- Know donors? Connect them to this campaign
- Visit and share our Facebook www.facebook.com/ADRA.Indonesia.Foundation or twitter @adraindonesia
- Questions? Visit us at www.adraindonesia.org
It's your support that makes our work possible..
Thank you & God Bless !